Re: wide empty measure

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: wide empty measure
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:15:59 +0100

D Josiah Boothby wrote:

Thank you, but there's one more thing... I want the rest invisible/transparent. Would that involve something similar to the following?

\override NoteHead  #'transparent = ##t

Exactly! I think you can even guess what object should be made transparent
instead of NoteHead, if you look at my previous answer.

Of course, it would be nice to be able to use s1 instead of R1, but then
I don't know how to control the measure width. For the measures with
normal width, there are no problems to just use s1.

  /Mats

josiah

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

If you search through the different interfaces of the MultiMeasureRest
object at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/MultiMeasureRest.html
you will find the solution:

\version "2.4"
\layout{raggedright = ##t}

{ R1 \once \override MultiMeasureRest #'minimum-length = #30 R1 R1 }

   /Mats

D Josiah Boothby wrote:

I'd like to make two empty measures next to one another, one (the left measure) wider than the other. Is there a way to do this?

Josiah