Re: Custom paper sizes?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Custom paper sizes?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:27:52 -0700

Benjamin Esham wrote:

On Nov 14, 2004, at 1:53 PM, Paul Scott wrote:

Benjamin Esham wrote:

How do I manually set the height and width of the paper I'm printing/
outputting to? I tried to set [hv]size in the \layout block, but nothing
seemed to change.

What version?  In 2.4 those go in the \paper block.

You're right... I thought that \paper was simply renamed to \layout, but I
guess it's more complicated than that.  Anyway, I tried this:

\paper {
  hsize = 4.4\in
  vsize = 4.4\in
}

and the paper size (as displayed by Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 on Mac OS
X) is still 8.26 x 11.69 in, but the formatting is messed up. The staves are shifted to the left about 2 (maybe 2.2?) inches—there's a big gap at the right side, and the lines are cut off at the left. Also, only 2–3 staves are printed
on each page, compared to 4–6 previously.

Any ideas what's going on, and how I can set a custom paper size? (Are there
other variables that need to be set in \paper?)

I think you will have to set all relevant variables: linewidth, textheight, and maybe margins. I think these are set when you set papersize or #(set-default-paper-size "a4"). Also set Paper Scaling in Acrobat Reader to "None".

Paul