Re: Sustain Pedal Positioning

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: Sustain Pedal Positioning
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:23:46 +0100

Hello list, hello Gilles,

You wrote:

> Hello.
>
> The default position of the sustain markings makes it clash
> with the dynamics markings.
> Unfortunately, I cant't seem to move it down; I've used
>
>   \override SustainPedalLineSpanner #'padding = #15.0
>
> inside the \score, but whatever the number, the line doesn't
> move.

Just take only "SustainPedal" or "Staff.SustainPedal".

In the hope, You are using a version >= 2.0.0 (Please on this list
ALWAYS give the number of the version You are using, so any help can
have more effect! ;-), the following could be helpful:

  \once\override SustainPedal #'extra-offset = #'(-0.4 . -1.7)

If You want this for the whole Score, just eliminate "\once".

Best Regards           Roland