what issues should I consider in publishing transcriptions?

From: Chip
Subject: what issues should I consider in publishing transcriptions?
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:32:18 -0800

I have about 70 transcriptions I and a band-mate have done of Mexican music, in the Cumbia, Banda, Ranchera, Zapatiado, Quebradita styles. What issues should I consider if I were to pursue selling these transcriptions? I was thinking via the web and maybe a 'fake' book, or both. What are the legal considerations? These are our own transcriptions/arrangements, taken from recordings. I have used Lilypond for typesetting all my parts, my friend has used a windoze based app for his. I would take his and typeset them in Lily for the 'official' releases. I have seen some people mention their own publishing of works done in Lilypond.
Thanks for any/all input,
Chip