A not asked question, but a solution ... ;-)

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: A not asked question, but a solution ... ;-)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:50:42 +0100

Hi at all,

the following problem was a problem to me, but maybe some other
lilypond-users could have the same:

How is it possible to switch off a shiftoff at note collision?

Using version 2.2.6 the following happened:

The real good solution for prohibiting note collisions was a feature,
which I didn't need for a special case, which I'm using very often at a
certain score I'm working on:

An unvisible note for a trick caused a shiftoff of a visible note, and
exactly this I didn't want to happen.

I spent nearly two hours with reading the documentation, permanent
thinking "Why not ask at the lilypond-mailinglist?"

But now I got a solution (found in the documentation):

    \override Staff.NoteCollision #'positioning-done = ##t

did the work.

I don't know, if this is the only (and the best) solution for this
problem, but I think it was quite difficult to find it only by reading
and reading again the documentation ...

Maybe this can be useful to somebody ... :-)

Best Regards           Roland