Re: My first serious work (and NO bug :-) )

From: Luis G.
Subject: Re: My first serious work (and NO bug :-) )
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:53:07 -0500

Hi!

First of all, I want to say that the "bug" I saw, was no bug at all:
just my mistake (as a user kindly made me notice privately).

I go on with my "piece". I think I'm on my way, but would like some
advice.
To make the beams "go further" I'm using a hidden note; but:
1) It is heard in the midi file, and if I replace it with a rest, it
doesn't get hidden. And if I use a \skip, it doesn't get beamed.
2) I get a "-" below the beam (?).
And for the beam that "begins" before the g-g chord enters (in the 2nd
system), I can't make it work. If I do:
\hideNotes do'8*1/2[ \unHideNotes <<sol8*7/2 sol,>> etc.
none of the notes of the entire 2nd system gets beamed (?).

I still have things to solve (like the "half-noteheads" in the right
hand)... but one step at a time :-)

Thank you very much,

Luis :-)