Problem with lyrics placement (can't show lyrics below bass-staff)

From: Mike Bosschaert
Subject: Problem with lyrics placement (can't show lyrics below bass-staff)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 00:08:02 +0100

Hi,
I have a score with soprano, alto and bass music + lyrics. I try to get all
lyrics below the staffs, but for some reason the lyrics are all shown between
the staffs. I use Lilypond 2.0.3

My score section is given below.

Furthermore I would like to know if there is a way the avoid double rests
(e.g. the soprano and alto part have common rests which are shown above
eachother).
Also the stanza numbers do not show (music starts with 4 bars rests). Is there
a way to get the stanza numbers at the beginning of the bar?

Many thanks for your attention and help!

Mike Bosschaert

\score { \notes
   \context StaffGroup <<
  \property Score.automaticMelismata = ##t
  \context Staff =  sop { \clef violin  s1 }
  \context LyricsVoice = sopa { s1 }
  \context LyricsVoice = sopb { s1 }
  \context Staff = men { \clef bass  s2 }
  \context LyricsVoice = mena { s2 }
  \context LyricsVoice = menb { s2 }

  \addlyrics
   \context Staff = sop \context Voice = VA { \sopMusic }
   \lyrics \context Lyrics <<
    \context LyricsVoice = sopa {
     \property LyricsVoice . stanza = "1"
     \sopWordsA
     }
    \context LyricsVoice = sopb {
     \property LyricsVoice . stanza = "2"
     \sopWordsB
     }

  \addlyrics
   \context Staff = sop \context Voice = VB {  \altMusic }
   \lyrics \context Lyrics <<

  \addlyrics
   \context Staff = men \context Voice = VC {   \bassMusic}
   \lyrics \context Lyrics <<
    \context LyricsVoice = mena {
     \property LyricsVoice . stanza = "1"
     \bassWordsA