Re: lyrics in polyphony

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lyrics in polyphony
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:25:43 +0100

Please send a (small) example of what you tried. Also, don't forget
to tell what version of LilyPond you use, otherwise you might get an
answer that's not fully relevant to you.

Take a look at the the example for Vocal ensembles to see how to set
the lyrics to one of several lines of music in a single staff.
I hope you have read the full section on Vocal Music in the manual.
It should answer your questions.

   /Mats

Charles Gran wrote:
I am writing a song in lead-sheet format. I have an introduction that is polyphonic (manual 2.16). The last measure of the introduction has a pickup into the melody proper. I can't get a lyric on that pick-up.

In single-staff polyphony, how can you treat the top line as melody with lyric and the bottom as accompaniment? My piece uses a template from the manual (notes, lyrics, and chords 3.2.4)

Charles

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems