[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Non-latin1 characters (was: Lyricsto skips notes with melisma's in 2

From: Michał Dwużnik
Subject: Re: Non-latin1 characters (was: Lyricsto skips notes with melisma's in 2.2)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:31:20 +0100

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:35:07 +0100, Mats Bengtsson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Michał Dwużnik wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:42:37 +0100, Mats Bengtsson
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >>I don't remember from the top of my head what version of LilyPond
> >>you use. In version 2.2, it was possible to set the input and
> >>font encoding using
> >>\header{
> >>   fontencoding="..."
> >>   inputencoding="..."
> >>}
> >>
> >
> > That _was_ nice :), and let me do some tricks with latex intermediate
> > file, after willingly crashing lilypond by not defining the encoding and
> > using non-latin1 characters inside the piece :)
> Did you see
> which shows how to specify the font that LilyPond uses for lyrics
> (or other textual annotations) using the font-name property?
> Again, this is something that works up to version 2.2 but probably
> not longer.
Yes. Instead of the hacks done by you for version from this thread
I "invented" something else, which included adding proper
inputencoding and fontencoding to the header of intermediate file,
together with font-substitution packages
like qtimes (that let me avoid looking into the font directory, which is not
my favourite, and in the same time utilize my, maybe small but existing, LaTeX
The output was very nice, but the way of dealing with the files was not so,
that's why I tried to move to version 2.4 and do +/- the same. I find
2.4 much more
comfortable with the small annoyance described before. Both 2.2 way and 2.4 way
is not something I would recommend to a fellow composer, but I hope
to be able to do so when 2.6 appears.
I admit, that I shouldn't pay to much attention to that and wait for 2.6,
but in the same time I would really like to avoid having to wait for 2.8,
because some working mechanism was discarded. (Please do not treat
it as doubting in lilypond developers, it's just a bitter experience from
some other GNU projects hunting for the ultimate solution, which is
always "to come
in the next version").

Thanks for your help

PS:I feel like I'm saying the same thing for the n-th time, apologies
for the bored
PS2: We _want_ national characters, and if someone needs an example -
the difference between "doing a favor" and, err..  "having oral intercourse"
is only l or \l in TeX code....
shows that even for 2.5 different encodings are usable, but very far from the 
quality of the engraving itself, and that would be a pity to have perfect notes 
with badly aligned text with shifts.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]