Re: ? Making separate Title page in 2.4.2 ?

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: ? Making separate Title page in 2.4.2 ?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:32:05 +0100

anders stenberg <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Could any body give me a hint how to get a separate titlepage for
> pieces. i.e. Get the header content on a separate page instead of f/
> or and on a separat page beginning the output document.
> I'm working with 2.4.2 on a Cygwin.
> As I understand it it should be posible using Lilypond-book and LaTeX
> comands but I dont seem to get it work. (Im relatively new both to
> lily and using LaTeX so it is possible im just botching things.)

The development version has better support for titling: you can define
a head title that fits on a whole page, then force a pagebreak before
the first piece's own title.

I don't know if 2.5 is available on cygwin, though.

Here is a naive example:

\version "2.5.9"

\paper {
  myBookTitleMarkup = \markup \column {
    \fill-line { \column { " " " " " " " " " "
                           \fill-line { \large \fromproperty #'header:composer }
                           " " " " " " } }
    \fill-line { \column { " " " " " "
                           \fill-line { \huge \bold \fromproperty
#'header:title }
                           " " " "
                           \fill-line { \huge \fromproperty #'header:subtitle }
                           " " } }
  }
  #(define-public book-title (marked-up-title 'myBookTitleMarkup))
}

\header {
  title = "The Book Title"
  subtitle = "and its subtitle"