how to get lillypond to run

From: Lynda Harrington
Subject: how to get lillypond to run
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:40:43 -0600

Hi,

I down loaded lilypond and installed the program. I ran the test file and it worked perfectly.

The icon it placed on my desktop takes me to the cygwin bash file in DOS. There is no icon that takes me into lilypond. I can find no way to get lilypond up and running in spite of having followed the installation information exactly. Everything appears to be as it should but Lilypond does not boot. Where is the exe file located?

Do you have any suggestions as to what I may do to get this program working? I have reinstalled it at least six times and each time I end up at the same place. The test works and Lilypond won't boot up.

Lynda