squeezed measure

From: Dr. Charles Gran
Subject: squeezed measure
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:31:56 -0800

When I run a version of the example found at

I get a squezzed example for the first staff of music.

I'm using cygwin under Windows XP (2.4.2) and these commands:
lilypond-book --output=out lilybook.tex
cd out
latex lilybook
dvips -Ppdf -u+lilypond -u+ec-mftrace lilybook

Documents for @command{lilypond-book} may freely mix music and text.
For example,

\relative c' {
  c2 g'2 \times 2/3 { f8 e d } c'2 g4

Options are put in brackets.

  c'4 f16

Larger examples can be put into a separate file, and introduced with