Re: still problems with output

From: Bryan Stanbridge
Subject: Re: still problems with output
Date: 31 Jan 2005 15:03:44 -0500

On 1/31/2005, "address@hidden"
<address@hidden> wrote:
>From: Tapio Tuovila <address@hidden>
>Subject: still problems with output
>Hi all,
>I've upgraded to SuSE 9.2 and tried to compile lily 2.5.9. Went OK
>except time signatures and dynamics had sort of font problem, they were
>printed in courier. So I decided to go back to 2.4.4, also because of
>lily4jedit.
>
>But I can only get the .dvi file OK with 2.4.4. Onwards problems arise;
>this is what I get now when trying the simple.ly in 2.4.4/input:
<snip>
>-This is what I can get; the .dvi file seems to be OK, though. This
>appears to be some kind of font problem, but I have not been able to
>figure what could be done for it. (have installed
>ec-fonts-mftraced-1.0.9.rpm, have run texhash, mftrace can't do bitmap
>fonts Any ideas?
>greetings, Tapio

This is a known problem with ec-fonts-mftraced-1.0.9.  The *traced.map
file (I can never remember if it's ec-mftraced.map or something
similar) was incorrectly truncated.  To fix this problem, just add .pfa
at the end of each line and it will correctly compile past the .DVI
file.  I believe this was fixed in later version of ec-fonts-mftraced.

Cheers,
Bryan...