Re: transpose, transposition, and relative

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: transpose, transposition, and relative
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:04:50 +0000

Try specifying transposition before relative.  The following (not quite
minimal) example works for me:

TptOne = \relative c''{
  \key c \major  % Needed here, or the part in Bb gets no key signature.
  % notes .....
}

\context Staff {
    % \transpose must be outside \relative
    % - see http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/\
    %       user/out-www/lilypond/Transpose.html#Transpose
    <<{\transpose bes c' \TptOne} \markings>>
}