Re: Difference in in output between LP and lilypond-book

From: eva & Morten Borchorst
Subject: Re: Difference in in output between LP and lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:39:31 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:

On 12-Feb-05, at 3:24 PM, eva & Morten Borchorst wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:

On 11-Feb-05, at 4:44 PM, eva & Morten Borchorst wrote:

running LP (2.2.6) gives a very satisfying result.
When running LP-book everything seems to go smoothly except when converting the .dvi to .pdf (dvipdf).
I get the following messages:

There's some problem with your installation of lilypond and its fonts. You didn't
mention what operating system you're running.

I'm running debian Sarge with LP in the Pedro Kröger version. Also have the 2.4 installed, but my files are for 2.2, and I would like to have them working first.

Sorry, I don't understand.  What version of lilypond do you have currently
installed?  (what does "lilypond --version" give you, and what does
"dpkg -l lilypond*" give you?)

It says lilypond 2.2.6-2.1

dpkg -l lilypond-snapshot (which is the name Pedro gives the 2.4 series) says:
lilypond-snapshot       2.4.2-1

 From what I understand of the debian packages, you shouldn't be able
to have lily 2.4 and lily 2.2 installed at the same time. If you do, try uninstalling
both of them and then installing one of them.  If you have both installed
(without doing some fancier unix stuff), I'm not surprised that Lilypond gets
confused with font issues.

I expect Pedros way of naming the series differently should not influence the functioning

Cheers,
- Graham
greetings

Morten