Re: autobeam adjustment

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: autobeam adjustment
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:22:30 +0100

On Thursday 17 February 2005 18.44, Laura Conrad wrote:
> I've always found the autobeaming baffling.  Can someone tell me the
> magic for telling lily (2.0) that in 6/8 time beams start and end only in
> the middle of the measure?
>
> I have tried some things that look like they should work, like
>
>      \property Voice.autoBeamSettings \override
>          #'(end * * * *) = #(ly:make-moment 3 8)
this is correct

>      \property Voice.autoBeamSettings \override
>          #'(begin * * * *) = #(ly:make-moment 3 8)
you probably want 1 8 iso 3 8.

> but the attached tune still comes out unplayable.

abc2ly seems to use a weird method of dividing the music into bars. Remove the
\set Score.defaultBarType = "empty", and insert a \partial 8 in the beginning
of the piece, and it will work fine.

(Also, you might want to change all the \bar "|" commands to barchecks, |)

Erik