Re: MacOS X native packaged (was Re: lilypond install mac os x)

From: andrea valle
Subject: Re: MacOS X native packaged (was Re: lilypond install mac os x)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:14:42 +0100

My feeling is that Lilypond is different that GB, and concerning the
notation, it is superior in many ways (I'm not sure though, can anyone
send a PDF sample to me?). If anything, it should be as expensive.

As a mac user, two cents:
1) GB is also an audio/midi editor. So, it can be compared only very roughly with lily. 2) If it only depends on its effective value, lily should cost very much and surely much more than GB, which should be freeware for me (with 0 downloads)... . Maybe the idea was not to have lily mac app free, but that it costs the minimum. This can be an effective argument in order to make lily widespread.

ciao

-a-