Re: beams on melisma

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: beams on melisma
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:04:37 +0100

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean.
The way \lyricsto works in current LilyPond versions is that
- slurs
- ties
- manually inserted beams
are interpreted as melismas, by default. You can easily change
this default setting, see for example

ludovic sardain wrote:

In older versions of Lilypond (before 2.0), the lyricsto command was different: melismas were detected by the slurs or ties, and the other notes were unbeamed.

Now, the function is the same, but all the notes are beamed. I want to know if there is a command to restore the previous way. I know that I can remove all beams and add manual beams on the melisma, but it's less convenient.

I like to have both slurs and beams to show the melismas.

Thank you

lilypond-user mailing list

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing