Re: Cygwin install - test.ly not registered

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Cygwin install - test.ly not registered
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:47:03 +0100

First of all, rerun setup.exe once more and when you get to the
installation page entitled "Select Packages", make sure that the
package "lilypond" is marked with "2.4.2-1" in the column "Current",
otherwise, click on the arrow circle until it says "2.4.2-1" under
"new" so it installs correctly.

You could also verify that the package is installed at all, by opening
the cygwin command window and trying to run the command
lilypond --help
This should result in a list of available options.

Next, make sure that the file really is called test.ly and not
test.ly.txt or anything else.

If these tests show that lilypond is indeed installed and
double-clicking the file does still not work, you could try to
rerun setup.exe and choose "reinstall" of the lilypond package,
since double-clicking a .ly file should certainly work out of the
box.

  /Mats

James Savage wrote:
Hi folks,
I have attempted to instal lilipond by selecing it from the publishing
section of Cygwin setup within Windows 2000 professional.  The install
proceeds without any visible errors but when complete I am unable to get
lilipond to fireup by double clicking on the test.ly file located on my
desktop. I was expecting the instal to register files ending in .ly with
Win2K.  What other options do I have to test the install?  Can I do it from
the command line in cygwin ?

Finally, are there any pre-requisites that I should check?

Thanks in advance,

James

PS I have not subscribed to this list as yet so please could any responders
reply direct.  Many thanks.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems