Re: Compilation on FreeBSD

From: Chip
Subject: Re: Compilation on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:42:16 -0800

Matt Jibson wrote:
Zbyněk Burget wrote:

I try compile Lilypond 2.4.4 on my FreeBSD 5.3

During compilation process i get this error:

./out/lily-guile.o(.text+0x34d8]: In function `ly_gettext(scm_unused_strct*)`: /usr/home/.../lilypond-2.4.4/lily/ undefined reference to `gettext`

I have been using the -stable version of lilypond on FreeBSD for a couple years now (now on fbsd-5.3). I have not been able to get the 'devel' version to install properly, actually, at all. I have sent the port maintainer the errors and all, and have not received any reply. I just did a search on in the ports tree and see they have removed the 'devel' version from the ports tree. So maybe someone is going to fix it finally. :) (I hope). In the meantime, I've switched to using lily on my windoze box so I can use the latest version. I find it slower to switch between lily, cmd window, acrobat on windoze than on Fbsd (and the windoze box is a AMD64-3000 whereas the Fbsd box is a AMD Athlon 600).

On the OpenBSD port, I have patched:

I think this is rather hackey, but it does let it compile. (Note that the port is still not yet fully working: noteheads and other symbols don't show up in output, but I don't think that this patch is the cause.)