Re: getting Lily/mftrace on MacOSX

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: Re: getting Lily/mftrace on MacOSX
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:03:02 +0100

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 10:33:48PM -0800, David Rogers wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> >I've similar problems.
> After editing the conf file, did you run "fink selfupdate"?

Yes.

> I have mftrace 1.1.1-1 installed here, and no tetex-dev appears to have
> been required. (I show tetex-dev at only version 2.0.2 as well, but on
> my machine it isn't installed.)

$ fink list tetex
        bundle-tetex            [virtual package]
        system-tetex    20010808-14     Placeholder package for manually
installed teTeX
        tetex   3.0-1   Complete distribution of the TeX typesetting system
 i      tetex-base      3.0-1   Base programs for a teTeX installation
        tetex-dev       2.0.2-36        Developer files for a teTeX installation
 p      tetex-macosx            [virtual package]
        tetex-nox       3.0-1   Complete distribution of the TeX typesetting
system
        tetex-nox-base  3.0-1   Base programs for a teTeX installation
 i      tetex-shlibs    2.0.2-36        Shared libraries for a teTeX
installation
 i      tetex-texmf     3.0-1   Main texmf tree for a teTeX installation
        xdvi-system-tetex       22.78-1 Display dvi files under X11
(system-tetex version)

$ fink show-deps mftrace

Package: mftrace (1.1.1-1)
To install the compiled package...
  The following other packages (and their dependencies) must be installed:
    fontforge (>= 20041218-1)
    potrace
    python22 | python22-nox
    t1utils
    tetex-base
  The following other packages must not be installed:
    [none]
To compile this package from source...
  The following packages are also compiled at the same time:
    [none]
  The following other packages (and their dependencies) must be installed:
    fontforge (>= 20041218-1)
    potrace
    python22 | python22-nox
    t1utils
    tetex-base
    tetex-dev | system-tetex
  The following other packages must not be installed:
    [none]

So mftrace depends on tetex-dev *or* system-tetex. On a virgin fink
installation, doing fink install mftrace (or rather fink install
lilypond), you'll get conflicts.

No idea how to fix this, since I don't know much about fink.

Ciao,
        Kili