tamtam mode?

From: Quintijn Hoogenboom
Subject: tamtam mode?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:48:41 +0100

Hi list,

I am new to lilypond, and am a bit dizzled by the possibilities.

Maybe someone can help me to start a new mode: "tamtam", having as basic
notes t (left tenor) T (left tenor) (or lt and rt if capitals are not
allowed),
b (bass) B (right bass), s (slap), S (right slap), d (demi slap), D (right
demi slap).

Can I define these somewhere and use them afterwards?

I want to print tamtam rythms first on a one staff score.

But I want also have the possibility (like klavarscribo) to print vertical,
reading from bottom to top. Would something like this be possible with
lilypond, or do I not have to think about that?

Thanks, Quintijn

(I am working on the "heritage" of my African djembe teacher, to publish his
rythms)