Re: Font questions

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Font questions
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:46:46 -0800

(Sorry - sent private only at first)

Hans Forbrich wrote:

>With the advances in 2.5, are we be able to use fonts capable of
>handling Cyrillic or IPA characters?  If yes, does anyone know of a
>decent source for those?

One useful Unicode font I have found for IPA, roman with good
diacritics, (and unfortunately incomplete support of Cyrillic so far),
is Gentium.

<http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=
Gentium>

For lyrics (and all text), the latest 2.5.x versions of Lilypond are
supposed to be Unicode. But I don't know how to get Lilypond to see new
fonts on Mac OS X (or any other system).

David