Re: Installation Problems

From: Thomas Kroedel
Subject: Re: Installation Problems
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:03:33 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Christ,

Thank you very much for your advice. I'm sorry to keep
troubling you with this, but unfortunately I still
haven't made progress.

When I follow your instructions, the following
happens. First of all, the first line in the Cygwin
window (prior to me having entered any commands) reads
"bash: kpsexpand: command not found". When I enter
"which kpsexpand" I also get the response "bash:
kpsexpand: command not found". On entering "lilypond
-v", there is no response in the Cygwin window, but I
get a Windows alert telling me that lilypond.exe can't
be started because the component cygkpathsea-3.dll
can't be found.

I checked that test.ly is of the right type, rather
than being test.txt.ly: if I right-click and choose
'Properties', the name is specied as "test", and the
file type as "LilyPond source".

Is there anything else I could do?

Best wishes,

Thomas