Re: PDF-generation lily2.5.19

From: dax2
Subject: Re: PDF-generation lily2.5.19
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:32:41 +0200

    Ok! It works! Thanks!

    The new ps2pdf cuts off some piano bass at the bottom of the
page, though.

    I built Aladdin ghostscript-8.50 for /usr/local/ and my path
sets /usr/local/bin before the others (it is not a bastion host:-)

    The ghostscript-afpl is blocked on my Gentoo (by itself?)

    ps2pdf makes a nice PDF-file, I can see improvements to the
quality. It is clickable.

    I use the here-lily script to setup path/font for 2.5.19.

    I can still use 2.4.5 for Red Hat-9 which I got from CCRMA; it
installs in "/usr" and of course I use /etc/profile.d/lilypond.sh to
get the TEXMF parameter.

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:48:17 -0700
Daniel wrote:

> ESP builds their product based on GPL Ghostscript (which is identical
> with AFPL ghostscript as far as I can tell) but they add a bunch of
> features, including CUPS integration along with a bunch of printer
> drivers.  Because of all the extra work they do, they are generally one
> or two versions behind.  Last time I checked, the latest unstable GPL
> version was 8.50.

That explains a lot. Thank you very much!

> It's not too hard to modify the AFPL/GPL build process to include extra
> printer drivers (such drivers are downloadable from linuxprinting.org).

Yes, I have actually once looked into the Ghostscript printerdriver
specifications, it seemed very clear and logic to me. I do not need
for now - I hope for a "Brother" laser-printer later.

Thank you again.

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel