Powerchords

From: Jennifer Clark
Subject: Powerchords
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 02:28:10 +0100

A question I can't seem to find the answer to in the manual or online: Is it possible to represent powerchords, i.e. those consisting of only a root note and fifth, in the ChordNames notation? Using ^3 as part of the notation does not produce the desired effect, the chord is still rendered as a standard major chord.

I am using Lilypond 2.5.2 under Cygwin. Thanks for any guidance on this!

Jennifer