Problems with gracenotes and metered music 2.5.19?

From: Herman Grootaers
Subject: Problems with gracenotes and metered music 2.5.19?
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:18:10 +0200

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am currently busy with the encoding of our churchchoir's music in Lilypond
2.5.19 on a mandriva 10.2 RC-2 machine. The text is russian, and I am glad I
can use it now, because this project is now running for about 2 years,
waiting for the unicode-support in Lilypond. Thanks and kudus to all the
programmers.

I have a problem with two things:

1: The following lilypond-file does not shape up to my expectations. If I
remove all the recurring answers of the litany, it compiles correctly, but as
soon as I add one or more of the recurring textual answers it fails to
compile successfully. It gives the warning "going back in time....", but it
gives an extra empty measure, which is not indicated in the original score.

2: The bass/bariton will sometime sing in octave, but this I can not engrave
it when the original score says to use whole notes. Can you give me pointers
jow I can indicate the two notes belong to one part of a two-voice system.
BTW this is also true for the other voices, but ther it is rare.

Greetings
Herman Grootaers