Re: jazz lead sheet questions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: jazz lead sheet questions
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:54:22 +0200

Jason Flatley wrote:
I am making a jazz lead sheet and I have two questions.

1) I need the treble clef and key signature to be printed at the beginning of the first line, and then never again on subsequent lines. I tried making the treble clefs on these lines invisible, but it left too much blank staff space on the left.
Set
  \override Staff.KeySignature #'break-visibility = #all-invisible
  \override Staff.Clef #'break-visibility = #all-invisible
somewhere in the first bar of music.

> Also, I need these lines to begin with a barline.  Is this possible?
I don't know about this one.

2) Is it possible to put rehearsal marks (letters) in boxes so that the right edge of the box is just resting over the beginning of the staff? (This way, the box is almost in the margin, so doesn't conflict with the chord symbols).

You could always move them by setting extra-offset, but it should also
be possible to make a copy of the function shift-right-at-line-begin
in scm/output-lib.scm, modify to give the desired placement and
set the property after-line-breaking-callback of the RehearsalMark
object to point to your version of the function. (Of course, this is
only a solution if you like programming in the Scheme programming
language).

   /Mats