Re: Text encoding

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: Re: Text encoding
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:07:44 -0700

Well, I'd like to have a usable--though not feature-rich--preview version out within a couple weeks. Since 2.4 is still the current "stable" version, I might as well support it--it's a matter of changing a single constant in a method call to output in Latin1 instead of UTF-8.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that the silence means that everything I said was accurate: in 2.5+, we have UTF-8 only, and \encoding and \encoded-simple are no longer supported.

--Ed