Guitar Barre'

From: Maurizio Monge
Subject: Guitar Barre'
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:04:51 +0200

Hi, i am trying to put a barre' in my score, it should be something like:

C. III_______________________________,

above the score, and the only way i was able to do something like that
was overriding the 8va to write "C. III" instead of "8va":
            #(set-octavation 1)
            \set Staff.ottavation = #"C. III"
            #(set-octavation 0)
Is there a more intelligent way to do this?
I searched in the manual but found none.
Without considering that this way the midi file is messed up :-)

Thanx
Maurizio