Re: repeat with alternates in middle

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: repeat with alternates in middle
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:45:51 -0700

On 27-Apr-05, at 4:25 PM, Jason Addison wrote:

How can I indicate alternate sections other than the ending?

For example, suppose that I have a piece of
music 4 measures long which repeats 4 times
for a total of 16 measures.

The 1st and 3rd times have the same ending.
The 2nd and 4th times have the same ending.
The 3rd time has a different _begining_.

Yikes.  I've never seen this in printed music.  Why not just write
it out?  It's very easy to do with LilyPond.

A = { blah blah }
B = { foo foo }

A B C D
A B C E