French slur / sostenuto slur

From: Malte Milatz
Subject: French slur / sostenuto slur
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 14:40:49 +0200

I don't know whether the expression "French slur" or "sostenuto slur"
does exist in English; what I mean is the following:

A slur which is appended to a single note, but does not lead anywhere.
It is used e.g. in guitar notation in order to indicate that a note
shall last longer than until the next note.

I hope that is understandable (I fear that it's not). It's about the
same effect as using the middle or right pedal of a piano. Maybe an
ASCII drawing will do:

 `--ยด

Any hints how to produce this with Lilypond 2.2.6?