Re: glissando/volta bug? and volta/fine

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: glissando/volta bug? and volta/fine
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:47:07 +0200

Robert T Wyatt wrote:
2.5.23 MacOS 10.3.9

Hi!
I have some questions relating to the file enclosed below.

1) First, a possible bug: My glissando in the first measure dissappeared (but the gliss between measures 11/12 is present). I think it happened when I implemented the voltas (please correct my pluralization if I have it wrong). Lilypond is not giving errors, but that does not exclude poor implementation on my part.

I see one here, using 2.5.24.

2) I would like a fat, wavy gliss instead of the default, tiny gliss (I saw some notes about this and I haven't finished reading them, so I'm not at the end of my rope on this one yet).

Try playing with the following settings:

\override Glissando  #'style = #'zigzag
\override Glissando  #'thickness = 3

3) I need to move a lot of my chords left an eighth note. That is, the correct pattern is largely 3/8, 5/8. I'm still trying to figure out how to implement this well (do I need to use--a plethora of--silent rests?--shudder at the thought). Also, I need a tacit chord in the 27th measure; I can probably figure out the tacit on my own once I get the chords over the right beats.

Why not simply specify the rhythm you want? For example
d4.:m  a2*5/4:7
for the first bar.

  /Mats