compilation question

From: D Josiah Boothby
Subject: compilation question
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 01:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

I'm installing 2.5.27 in my home directory. I have already compiled ghostscript 8.15 in my home directory, but when I try compiling lilypond, I can't figure out how to find $HOME/bin/gs. I tried --with-gs=$HOME/bin/gs, and looking through config.make doesn't offer me any clues.

It is probably worth mentioning that (a) I am using Debian sarge/sid/experimental, and (b) that ./configure found the gs-afpl (8.14) with no problems.

Josiah