Re: Forcing pagebreaks in multi-score book

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Forcing pagebreaks in multi-score book
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:46:24 +0200

One hackers solution would be to include

\score{
  \header{
    breakbefore = \possiblebreak

in each score file. In the top level file doing the includes,
you can then define

possiblebreak=##f

at the top of the file and

possiblebreak=##t

before you include a file where you want the page break.

   /Mats

Your Name wrote:
Lilypond 2.5.25 Windows.

Excellent that we finally have a 2.5 version for Windows. I am starting to assemble a book whilch will be made up of many separate files put together like this:

\book {
  \header {
    title = "Book title"
  }
  \score { \include "file1" }
  \score { \include "file2" }

And where each file contains something like
\header {
  title = "Score title"
}
{ music }

Now, I need a way to force a page preak between any of the scores.
Since the included files can be put together in any order for different
books, I cannot use breakbefore = ##t in the file header fields.

At first I thought I might put a \score { \header { breakbefore = ##t } {} }
but that doesn't work. \score {{ \pageBreak }} doesn't work either.
I need something that generates only the page break, and no score lines or anything.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology