Re: using footnotes on lyrics with lilypond-book

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: using footnotes on lyrics with lilypond-book
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:20:58 +0200

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
At Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:55:00 +0200,
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

It should be noted that this solution will not work in LilyPond
version 2.5 or later.

I won't look at lilypond 2.5 until it becomes 2.6 ;) but I hope that
footnotes (and maybe other TeX constructs) in lyrics will still be
possible.  I don't care much about the exact syntax, but I would hope
that over time something stable and supported will emerge.

If not, there are still alternatives of course, like repeating the
lyrics below the score, and put the footnotes there.  But I think that

it's doable to add footnote support to the output engine, however, I haven't planned anything, so I consider this a sponsored feature.