Re: how to fix this mess

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: how to fix this mess
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 00:51:45 -0700

On 4-Jun-05, at 11:11 PM, Roman V. Isaev wrote:

On 06/04, Graham Percival wrote:
On 4-Jun-05, at 10:36 PM, Roman V. Isaev wrote:
Slur crosses decrescendo mark
What is the proper method to solve this problem?
Increase the #'padding property.  See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/
Common-tweaks.html
(I normally set it to #1.5  , if that looks too big I decrease it, but
it's a good number to start with)

        I tried to increase padding:

\override Script #'padding = #5

it moved down tenuto and staccato marks a lot but did not do anything else
and "p > pp" picture crossed with slur remained the same...

Sorry, I should have pointed out the next two sections of the docs as well.
You want

\override DynamicLineSpanner #'padding = #1.5

Cheers,
- Graham