Re: more problems with 2.5.27 :)

From: Roman V. Isaev
Subject: Re: more problems with 2.5.27 :)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 00:05:14 +0400

On 06/05, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> >     2. piu forte snippet from lilypond database doesn't work anymore :( I
> > used this:
> > piuf = \markup { \italic "pi\\`u" \dynamic "f" }
> \`u is a TeX construct.  2.5.x does not use TeX anymore, you can now
> use plain ?.

        How? I know only english and cyrillic layouts. Even if I install another
language keymap I still would not know what keys to press... most people
are bilingual and have no means of entering something that they can't
type. I switched to 2.5 exactly because of Unicode support to use Russian
in scores, but why drop these \'u & co niceties? At least may be it would
help if lilypond documentation will include all languages alphabets to do
cut'n'paste (somewhat lousy solution, but better than nothing I guess)...

        BTW, since this piuf is not very rare dynamics mark may be it's time
to include it into lilypond distribution? :)

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.soprano-recorder.ru         Moscow, Russia