Re: [OT] timidity Again

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [OT] timidity Again
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:31:38 -0700

On 5-Jun-05, at 9:26 PM, Will Oram wrote:

Compiling from source and moving the product to /sw/bin (where it usually sits), I execute 'timidity <sample midi file>'.

I'd stick it in /usr/local/bin or ~/bin (add ~/bin to your path). Doesn't really
make a difference, though.

/usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg: No such file or directory

Now, I have a config file, but not at that location. In fact, there is no such dir /usr, let alone anything beneath that.

Actually, there is. It doesn't show up in the Finder, but OSX has the whole
/etc, /usr, /var, etc -- all the standard unix directories.

The .cfg file worked perfectly with the old version, considering it had just one line: 'soundfont unison.sf2' with the soundfont file in the same dir. Now I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts?

Sorry, no ideas right now. I might try installing timidity in a few days; if I do,
I'll certainly post notes.

Cheers,
- Graham