Re: Newer version for FreeBSD

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Newer version for FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 04:35:50 -0700

On 8-Jun-05, at 3:07 AM, Gordon Gilbert wrote:
I went to that message, and from that have started the install of texinfo. Now, where to I get the program itself? From the web-site? And which one? From what you say, this sounds like I could actually do it, but with a bit more hand-holding.

For texinfo, just do
cd /usr/ports/print/texinfo
make install

(I think it's in print; it might be textproc instead. You could try "cd /usr/ports/*/texinfo"

For lilypond, you need to download the source from the lilypond website. Unzip the source, then run that command. It will probably give you a bunch of errors, saying that it can't find various programs. Find those programs in /usr/ports and install them. When the ./autogen.sh command doesn't give you any errors, do
gmake all
(wait an hour or so to finish)
gmake install

Cheers,