Re: Newer version for FreeBSD

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Newer version for FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:51:00 -0700

On 8-Jun-05, at 5:53 PM, Gordon Gilbert wrote:

I'm downloading the source as I write. When (hoping ...) I successfully compile the new version, what happens to the old version? Right now, of course, I simply type "lilypond [filename] in the directory where I keep all those things. Will this still be true, or do I have two versions that will try to fight it out here? (Or do I launch the new version some different way, and the old version the same old way?)

I'd get rid of the old version. It's possible to have both versions running at the
same time, but much more complicated.

If we can't get the new version to work, then you can always install the old
version again.

Cheers,
- Graham