accidentals and ties

From: Robert Edward Edge
Subject: accidentals and ties
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:50:24 -0400

hey there, have only recently begun using lilypond for my
scores and I have some peculiar notions about notation.
most of the stuff I want to do I have been able to figure
out but one problem has thus far eluded a solution (outside
of marking up the hard copy with a pen that is):

I adopted the convention of not using naturals years ago, if
a note has a sharp or flat in front of it is a sharp or
flat, if it doesnt it's a natural.  (kind of like webern
except he included a natural sign where I just put nothing).
using the accidental style 'forget is what I want but I also
want to see an accidental on the second of a pair of notes
that have been tied, as things are now I have two problems:

first a c-sharp tied to a c-sharp looks a lot like a c-sharp
slurred down to a c (not exactly the same but close enough
to be confusing)

second the scores I am generating now are not consistent
with my older stuff (first hand drawn and then made with
Lime for a short while (which creates pretty darn ugly
notation in comparison, by the way))

anyway, reminder and explicit accidentals don't help, can't
find anything in the manual or documentation which appears
to address this except a quick reference to a tied parameter
in the accidental engraver (maybe) section which is
described as internal.

I'm using 2.2.0, which has done everything I need
beautifully with the exception of this, but I will of course
upgrade if that is the only way to solve my problem.

any help would be appreciated