Jazz standard, four bars a line with equal size

From: David
Subject: Jazz standard, four bars a line with equal size
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:07:06 +0200

 Hello,

 I'm trying to use lilypond for writing a jazz standard (All the things you
 are), I really like the short syntax and the high quality output of
 lilypond. Thanks for creating this program!

 But I do have a problem, I want to have four bars at a line and also every
 bar must have exactle the same size. Because this makes it much easyer to
 read. Because than all the bar line a on one line (vertical)

 I have searched very much on google, the lilypond site and the mailing list
 archives but I can't find it.

 I did found two different methods to put 4 bars on a line but I did't found
 a way to make all bars the same size.
 The first method was with \break every four bars
 The second was with this code
 \repeat \IForgotThisWord 4 {s1 noBreak s1 noBreak s1 noBreak s1 break}
 As you see I forgot the second word.

 Do you know how I can tell lilypond to make every bar the same length and
 what is the best way to put four bars on every line?

 Thanks,
 David