comparing lilypond (was Re: More pictures to manual)

From: andersvi
Subject: comparing lilypond (was Re: More pictures to manual)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:05:16 +0200

It would be extremely useful for someone wanting to compare the
work and performance of Lilypond to other tools to look at
typesetting of some "real-life" examples, examples which have
already been used for such comparisons.

One such set of examples is at CCARH:

 http://www.ccarh.org/publications/reprints/ieee/INDEX.HTM

If we could compare both the printed results and the coding
involved with other tools we already work with, it would be an
indication of how a day of real work would look in lilypond.

-anders