two drum staves put together

From: Sterling Sympatico
Subject: two drum staves put together
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:29:08 -0400

Hi,

I am putting together a choral work that is simply stomping and
clapping.  I have decided to use the /drummode environment and let
snaredrum = clap and bassdum = stomp.  All is well if I use the syntax:

\new DrumStaff <<
     \drummode {
     bd4 r r r
     etc.
     }

To put a second part in there would I:

\new DrumStaff <<
     \drummode {
     bd4 r r r
     etc.
     }

\new SrumStaff
     \drummode {
     r4 r sn4 r4
     etc.
     }

I would also like to label each stave as "Group 1, Group 2, etc."  Let
me know if this is proper syntax

Also, can one add a stave (ostinato part) somewhere in the middle of a
score?  I don't want to add the ostinato from the beginning with 24 bars
rest.

Thanks for any help.

Sterling MacNay