How to make mp3-files from midi

From: Wolfgang Zocher
Subject: How to make mp3-files from midi
Date: 13 Jun 2005 15:26:35 +0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to make mp3's from the midi-files generated by lilypond using
timidity and lame. Unfortunately, I have no success using these tools: the
resulting mp3-file runs much too fast on the mpg123 player; sometimes I only
get some "noise". The reason is simple: I can't find the right options for
both tools.

Is there anybody out there who can help me out with correct options for
timdity and lame? (or with a hint to another tool)

Thank you all,
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Zocher  http://www.wolfgang-zocher.privat.t-online.de/
Registered Linux User #337888 using Debian GNU/Linux

97.025% of statistics are wrong