Re: lyricsfont problem in lilypond 2.5.29 for windows

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lyricsfont problem in lilypond 2.5.29 for windows
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:35:47 +0200

The normal answer would have been to ask you to run convert-ly on
your file. However, as far as I understand, this utility is missing
in the native distributions for the moment, so instead you have to
read the NEWS file:
especially what it says about UTF-8

anders stenberg wrote:

Downloaded the "new" native lilypond 2.5.29-2 and have been trying it out but I'm still resorting to my "old" 2.4.2 in Cygwin for serious editing. One problem I have run into in my try outs is with the fonts for lyrics. As a speaker of nordic tongues i.e. Swedish and Finnish I have need of the special forms for a and o ( i.e. å, ä and ö symbols). In the Old Lily2.4.2/ Cygwin these are no problem as I get them whitout any special comands (as in words but not as in LaTex which needs special comands to get these symbols). In the new native lily I do'nt get them at all as the program only leavs them out. Is this a problem of fonts missing or a Bug/ project under dewelopement? As this (at least fore me) is a severe drawback in using the new native one. Would be glad for help/ corection et.c.

Yours Anders Stenberg
lilypond-user mailing list

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing