Re: New Installation of 2.5.29 on FreeBSD

From: dpeach
Subject: Re: New Installation of 2.5.29 on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:28:03 -0400

Is it possible to adjust the default paper-size to "letter" instead of "A4"?

I have a score with this in it:
#(set-default-paper-size "letter")

I assume that does it. I am working from another hymn that I have hacked up.

And, in one hymn, the staff systems are quite far apart, taking two pages, but I would like to squeeze the whole thing on one sheet -- how can I adjust staff spacing, or font size?

I do it like this:
#(set-global-staff-size 20.5)

That seems to adjust the staff size. Just a bit larger and it bleeds onto the second page.

Neither of these do I really know much about, but they seem to do the trick for me. I am in the process of learning this. Learning a handful of stuff each day. Just have not gotten around to what these 2 lines mean, they just seem to do the job.

Hope this helps and gets me on the track to being able to help instead of always asking questions.

dpeach