Re: Problem with LaTeX

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problem with LaTeX
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:14:30 +0200

Developers, is the tex backend supposed to be actively supported?

Olivier, do you have any specific reason to use the TeX code?
By default, LilyPond 2.5.xx generates Postscript code directly.
If you want to include some music examples in a LaTeX document,
you should use lilypond-book which automates the process.

If you, for some strange reason, really want to use the tex backend,
then you have to add some settings so that your TeX environment
finds the relevant files. The easiest solution then is to copy
the file lilypond-profile from version 2.4, update the path in
the file to point to your current LilyPond installation tree and
then source the file. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't
work since I guess nobody has used this backend in the latest 2.5.xx
versions.

   /Mats

Olivier Baudouin wrote:
Lilypond 2.5.31 compiled on Mandriva 2005

Lilypond makes ps, pdf and tex files ( $ lilypond -b tex -f tex xxx.ly)

But I can't applies LaTeX on my tex file !

$ latex xxx.tex

Error message :

-----------------------
LaTeX Info: Redefining \dots on input line 37.
(/mondelibre/Olivier/Master1/lyxxx/Lily/tests//bach_divertissement.tex
! Font \magfontfetaCAmXVo=feta20 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.11 \font
            \magfontparmesanCAmXVo=parmesan20 scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontparmesanCAmXVo=parmesan20 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
not fo
und.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.12 \font
            \magfontfetaalphabetCAmXVo=feta-alphabet20 scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetaalphabetCAmXVo=feta-alphabet20 not loadable: Metric
(TFM) fi
le not found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.13 \font
            \magfontecrmBAmXVo=ecrm10 scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesamXVo=feta-braces-a not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.15 \font
            \magfontfetabracesbmXVo=feta-braces-b scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesbmXVo=feta-braces-b not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.16 \font
            \magfontfetabracescmXVo=feta-braces-c scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracescmXVo=feta-braces-c not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.17 \font
            \magfontfetabracesdmXVo=feta-braces-d scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesdmXVo=feta-braces-d not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.18 \font
            \magfontfetabracesemXVo=feta-braces-e scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesemXVo=feta-braces-e not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.19 \font
            \magfontfetabracesfmXVo=feta-braces-f scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesfmXVo=feta-braces-f not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.20 \font
            \magfontfetabracesgmXVo=feta-braces-g scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesgmXVo=feta-braces-g not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.21 \font
            \magfontfetabraceshmXVo=feta-braces-h scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabraceshmXVo=feta-braces-h not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.22 \font
            \magfontfetabracesimXVo=feta-braces-i scaled 1000%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! Font \magfontfetabracesimXVo=feta-braces-i not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                     \font
l.23 \font
            \magfontecrmImTVo=ecrm8 scaled 992%
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

! I can't find file `lilyponddefs'.
l.26   \input lilyponddefs

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
l.26   \input lilyponddefs

*** (job aborted, file error in nonstop mode)

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
   3990 strings out of 94501
   48387 string characters out of 1169617
   123916 words of memory out of 1000000
   7114 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+50000
   7160 words of font info for 19 fonts, out of 500000 for 2000
   580 hyphenation exceptions out of 1000
   29i,1n,40p,221b,76s stack positions out of
3000i,1500n,5000p,200000b,15000s
No pages of output.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing