Re: LilyPond 2.4.2 for Windows 98

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.4.2 for Windows 98
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:58:13 +0200

Why do you use lilypond -f ps? That won't create PDF file. Use lilypond alone.

Can't find where "/usr/bin/bash: line 1: cd: /cygdrive/C/Program" comes from
or what it is trying to do.  Doesn't seem necessary?
It is necessary to run lilypond from the directory of your file. The space in the path to your file causes trouble. Because in 2.4.6 still TeX is the default backend, that should be used, and that backend can't handle file paths with spaces, I strongly recommend again, to put your files into a directory that doesn't have spaces.

Note the pdf file is being generated.  Is there a way to display it directly
from jEdit/LilyTool?
I don't remember :-). Look into Process/View

A minor thing:  How to change the font that is used for displaying keyboard
shortcuts in jEdit menu drop-down windows?  I've found ways to enlarge all
other fonts to readable size, but this one eludes me.
There is a address@hidden list. It is a question for them. I don't know.

The click thing doesn't seem to be working.  The dvi output is garbled.
Maybe I don't have a decent dvi viewer installed? Working on it.
Garbled? I don't know that word, but I think that's because you have not installed cygwin to c:\cygwin. I strongly recommend again, to keep the default.

Bert